What are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
- Dental implants have many advantages over other forms of tooth replacement:
- Dental implants are fixed in place and completely integrate (fuse) with your jawbone, so your replacement teeth won’t move or make clicking noises.
- Depending on the type of teeth that are placed over the implants, you will have between 60% and 95% of the chewing and biting power of natural teeth (as opposed to the 15% that is afforded by regular, non-implant-supported dentures).
- Implants prevent bone loss in the jawbone, as the biting and chewing forces on the implants supply the stimulation needed for the bone to maintain itself (just like with natural tooth roots).
- With proper care, dental implants are very durable and can last a lifetime.
- With dental implants, there is no need to cut down adjacent teeth (such as is the case with conventional bridgework).
- In most cases, you can brush, floss, and care for your replacement teeth in exactly the same way as with your natural teeth.
- Dental implants have a track record of reliable, long-term successful outcomes.
- Implants do not get cavities and never need root-canals
What is the protocol for planning Dental Implants?
The initial step is to meet with our team for a free consultation. At this consultation, the doctor and you will determine your needs, assess your oral health, review your medical history, and discuss treatment options in order to create a customized treatment plan just for you. We’ll also discuss costs, financing options if necessary, and timing.
If you decide that Dental Implants are right for you and would like to proceed, next is a pre-procedure exam with Dr. Bingham. This exam involves an X-ray or a 3D CT scan and may include taking models of your teeth to determine the ideal treatment for your condition. Fortunately, we have this technology in our office, so you won’t have to visit another office or imaging center. This exam can usually be completed in less than an hour. Once completed, you are ready to schedule your implant placement surgery. The surgery is conveniently completed right at our facility – no need to go to the hospital or surgical center.
Who is a good candidate for Dental Implants?
Those likely to benefit from dental implants include people who have been experiencing problems with conventional dentures or, simply, people who have lost a tooth or teeth. Dental Implants make life easier for those who have been finding it difficult to chew and enjoy meals, and they can slow down the process of tissue and bone loss in the jaw. What’s more, is that implants can even provide a more youthful appearance because they will give your facial structure a lift. Furthermore, they will help you to speak more clearly.
However, for this implant procedure to work, there must be enough bone in the jaw and the bone has to be strong enough to hold and support the implant. In the past, patients who had lost too much bone in the jaw could not receive implants. Due to advances in technology, bone tissues can now be regenerated with a special bone grafting technique, making successful implant placement possible in the vast majority of patients. In addition, Verde Smiles uses 3D technology to find areas in the jaw where the bone is dense and plentiful enough to permit the placement of implants at specific angles, which often makes bone grafting unnecessary.
What are the All-on-4 and Teeth-in-a-Day Procedures?
Traditional approaches to restoring a full arch of teeth usually involved six or more dental implants and as many as 18 months of treatment. This approach typically requires that a patient would often be without any teeth, or with ill-fitting temporary dentures, for more than a year.
This is not true at Verde Smiles. Today there are new and improved techniques. You may have seen or investigated a few of these new techniques which are promoted under such brand names as: “All-on-Four®”, Clear Choice®, “Teeth In A Day“, “Teeth in an Hour“, “Dental Implants in One Day“, “Teeth In One Day“, “Teeth In One Visit“, and many other one-day implant treatment offerings of a full arch of replacement teeth.
Verde Smiles offers a wide range of dental implant solutions, including the revolutionary All-on-4 procedure which provides patients with strong and stable new teeth in one day.
Learn more about our All-on-4 implant procedure.
How do I get started?
Start with a Free Consultation with our team. At this consultation, the doctor will create a customized treatment plan just for you. You’ll learn exactly how much the procedure will cost without having to worry about any surprise fees. And remember: a free consultation is a conversation. It’s not a commitment. You have nothing to lose and a beautiful smile to gain.